Home saved from shed fire

 

Sheds, located right next to a Brinston Road home, were completely destroyed by fire February 21.

Quick action by firefighters who arrived on scene at 10:22 p.m., kept the fire from spreading to the house.

“Firefighters made an aggressive attack and managed to control the fire before any significant damage was made to the adjacent home,” said Chris McDonough, fire chief for South Dundas Fire and Emergency Services.

When firefighters from the Iroquois Fire Station arrived on scene the two sheds were fully involved and flames were exposed to the house, reported McDonough.  

“It was an excellent save for us and the homeowner,” he said.

An additional tanker from the Morrisburg station was also called to the scene.

The fire is thought to have been caused by a wood stove in one of the two sheds. 

Damage is estimated at about $18,000; $10,000 for the buildings and $8,000 for contents.

Since you’re here…

… Thanks for reading this article. Local news is important. We hope that you continue to support local news by reading The Leader, online and in print. Please consider subscribing to the print edition of the newspaper. Click here to subscribe today.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply