Robert Graham McIntosh


Robert Graham McIntosh passed away peacefully on January 10, 2016, at Chartwell Hartford Retirement Residence.  

He leaves to mourn, his wife of 51 years, Olive; step-daughters Charlotte (Willard) Duncan and Ann Banford of Iroquois; step-son Fred Osler (Marilyn) of R.R. #1, Iroquois; and a sister, Mary Ruth (Rex) Whittaker at Dundas Manor, Winchester.

He will be sadly missed by grandchildren Krista, Tanya, Allison, Aaron, Christopher and Brooke and by great-grandchildren Julia, Ellen, Dana, Katie, Chloe, Hudson, Vaughn and Finn. 

He was predeceased by his parents Freda (Hyndman) and Edwin McIntosh and by his son-in-law Garry Banford. 

Cremation arrangements are in the care of Marsden McLaughlin Funeral Home, Iroquois.

Robert Graham McIntosh was born on October 18, 1933, to his parents Freda (Hyndman) and Edwin McIntosh.  

Bob, as he was affectionately known by all, grew up on the home place north of Williamsburg known by many now as The Pit.  He received his education at local schools and was a familiar sight in area ball parks where he proudly wore his Williamsburg Pioneers uniform. 

Following school graduation, he accepted employment with the Counties at Winchester Springs.

On July 10, 1965, Bob married Olive Osler and together they took up residence at 263 Elizabeth Drive in Iroquois. In 1967, Olive and Bob purchased 10 acres of land on the Stampville Road and there they built a new home.

During this time, Bob entered the realm of minor hockey as a coach and for many years he travelled around the country-side guiding Fred’s minor hockey career.

In 1987, Olive and Bob purchased land west of Iroquois on Highway #2. Bob cleared the land and built a new home overlooking the water.  He kept busy there helping Fred cut grass and blow snow with the big tractor. It was from this residence that he and Olive retired a short while ago.

Over the years, Bob incurred some health issues. Following a heart attack in 1997, he underwent a triple bi-pass, and in 2010, he entered the Civic Campus of Ottawa Hospital where he received a pacemaker.

His health continued to decline and on December 30, 2014, he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He was discharged with round-the-clock-oxygen, but his steady decline saw him admitted to hospital once again in May of 2015.  This time he was unable to return home and he entered The Hartford.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply