Guy Hart


A lifetime resident of the Riverside Heights area, Guy Hart passed away suddenly at home on Tuesday, August 13, 2013.  He was 68.

Guy was born in Williamsburg Township, on November 18, 1944, to his parents John and Pearl Hart (nee Jackson). He attended Archer Public School and then Morrisburg Collegiate Institute.  

Following high school, Guy worked at the Ford plant in Oakville until 1965. He then moved back to Morrisburg where he married Gayle Lang. 

Guy and Gayle settled in Riverside Heights, where they had made their home for the past 43 years and raised their children, Bobby, Gary and Mauri-Anne. 

Guy worked at Black Lumber in Morrisburg for 31 years. He and Gayle then operated the Break-A-Way restaurant in Morrisburg, for four years. Guy then worked at the Morrisburg Building Center for 10 years until his retirement in 2009.  

Because of these jobs, Guy had the pleasure of meeting people coming to Morrisburg for the first time. He also worked at Pinkus Tire and Battery for two years following his retirement. 

Guy played an important role in the construction of the first ball park in Riverside Heights. He also helped start Riverside’s first kids softball team called the Riverside Rascals and the first adult softball team called the Riverside Raiders. It was during those years he got the nickname “Guy La Glove”.

Anyone who met Guy never forgot his kindness, generosity, eagerness to help and his unique way with words. 

Guy had many hobbies and interests. He loved darts, broomball, being a hockey and ball coach, referee and spending countless hours with his friends. 

Guy is survived by his wife Gayle Hart (nee Lang), his children Bobby-Jack (Tara) of South Mountain, Gary (Doris) of Pidgeon Island and Mauri-Anne (Ben) Guitard of Metcalfe and his sister Gail (Carl) Robinson of Nudell Bush.  

Guy will be sadly missed by grandchildren Matt, Parker, Wade, John, Olivia, Sam and Sasha, and by his special friends Keith Wereley and Mike Froats.

He was predeceased by his sister June Lawrence and his brother Gary.  

There was no visitation at the funeral home.  A Celebration of Guy’s life was held at the George Jowett Recreation Centre, Riverside Heights on Sunday, August 18th, from noon until 3 p.m.  

Arrangements were entrusted to the Marsden and Mclaughlin Funeral Home, Williamsburg. 

Donations to C.H.E.O. would be gratefully acknowledged by the family.  Online condolences may be made at 


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply