At the May 1st South Dundas council meeting, manager of public works Hugh Garlough recommended that council accept seven tenders, each achieved through a joint tender process with the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry.
The tenders included are:
• Canada Culvert for corrugated steel pipe at a cost of $6,002.76
• Maximum Signs for signs at a cost of $212.40
• Crossroads Pavement Marking for specialty pavement marking at a cost “to be determined”
• Road Last Asphalt & Sealing Maintenance Inc. for crack sealing at a cost of $18,900
• HWB Bruce Sales Inc. for blades and cutting edges at a cost of $1,298.02
• UCC Industries International Inc for perforated tubing sign posts at a cost of $1,421.25
• Denchem for dust suppressant at a cost of $64,098
Garlough told council that “the roads department feel we get a better price by tendering as a group.”
He informed council that the amounts are already accounted for in the 2012 budget.
Quietly and without comment, council unanimously agreed to the recommendation.