On March 26th, South Dundas Fire and Emergency Services’ Williamsburg station was dispatched to a chimney fire on County Road 18 at approximately 7:03 p.m.
Chief Chris McDonough reported that “upon arrival, fire crews found the roof to be fully involved with flames visible and exposures due to the windy conditions.”
“At this time, Morrisburg was called in to assist, along with a tanker from Chesterville.”
“Due to the cold and windy weather conditions it was difficult to bring the fire under control. Consequently, the 10 year old home was destroyed.”
“Although not confirmed, after speaking with the home owner, the fire was first noticed in the basement adjacent to the chimney area.”
“Fire crews did not clear the scene until 2:30 the following morning, March 27th. No injuries were reported.”